Lichen planus spots is a skin disease that can be seen at any age and occurs for different reasons. Although benign, lichen planus is not contagious, it can cause serious discomfort to the person because it affects the nails and mouth. In general, the most known reasons for the formation of this disease are microbes, stress and various drugs. Lichen planus eruptions have sizes ranging from 1 mm to 1 cm. These structures, which are generally slightly fluffy, may be purple in color and bright. It attracts attention with its gray and white stripes.
What are the Causes of Lichen Planus?
Causes of lichen planus is quite diverse. These reasons are:
- Stress is one of the biggest causes of these rashes. It is one of the most common skin problems in people whose work or school life is stressful.
- Lichen planus rashes are common especially in people with problems such as Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C, liver diseases and diabetes. Medicines used for these diseases can cause exacerbation of these rashes.
- Another reason is blood pressure medications and unconsciously used antibiotics.
What are the Symptoms of Lichen Planus?
Lichen planus symptom is evident in almost everyone in the same way. These symptoms are:
- If lichen planus is formed in the mouth, it can cause ulcers and make feeding difficult.
- Lichen planus formed in the vagina manifests itself as red bright spots. Chemical products and sexual diseases can cause this condition.
- If lichen planus is formed on the nails, it may cause the nails to break more easily.
- May cause fever and hair loss.
- It shows itself with a scaly appearance.
How is Lichen Planus Treatment?
How does lichen planus treatment go,
For it is necessary to consult a specialist. If lichen planus is mild, it is expected to go away on its own. However, if the symptoms are severe and bother the patient, it is absolutely necessary to consult a specialist. Although there is no treatment for the complete eradication of this disease, it is possible to reduce the symptoms thanks to the applications. It may be necessary to use creams or medications with the recommendation of the doctor.