Causes of eczema in the ear is quite diverse. Eczema can generally occur inside the ears or all over the body. Ear eczema is a skin rash that generally occurs in the ear and causes itchy skin. In ear eczema, all ears can be affected up to the eardrum. Ear eczema can cause discomfort, especially due to itching.
How Does Ear Eczema Show Symptoms?
Ear eczema symptoms is similar to eczema seen in other parts of the body. Eczema symptoms are:
- Dry and scaly skin rashes may occur around the ear,
- Scaly skin rashes can be seen in the ear canal,
- Redness and swelling may occur around the ear,
- Itching often occurs in the ear canal and around the ear,
- Ear discharges are also among the most common symptoms of eczema.
Ear eczema, these symptoms are more common, especially in cold weather. Ear eczema is common in people who smoke. In addition, stress and alcohol consumption, which are among the causes of ear eczema, must be stopped for the eczema to pass.
Ear Eczema Causes?
Ear eczema causes is not exactly known. However, some conditions are known to increase risk factors for eczema. Some of the causes of ear eczema are:
- Genetic predisposition is very effective in eczema. Eczema, which is thought to be hereditary, can be seen in the whole family.
- Allergic reactions are also one of the causes of ear eczema. Eczema can be observed in the ears of people who are allergic to special foods such as nuts, milk, and fish.
- People living in places with low humidity are also at risk for eczema.
- The wrong soaps and detergents used are among the most important risk factors for eczema.
Ear eczema treatment
For i, the drugs recommended by the doctor should be used. Medicines given for ear eczema can usually be given with ear drops, anti-fungal creams, and medicines to strengthen the immune system. In addition to these drugs, vinegar and olive oil are among the methods that are good for ear eczema. The doctor to be consulted for ear eczema is dermatologists.