Sleeping foods are foods that contain substances that have a calming effect, such as tryptophan. When these are consumed, they help the body fall asleep by relaxing the muscles.
Solid Solid Foods
Things that make you sleepy fast are known as water-containing solid foods. It has been shown that foods, mostly water or starch, have an effect on maintaining sleep patterns. These foods can be listed as follows:
- Potato: It regulates sleep with its starch and relaxes the muscles. It is recommended to be consumed at least 2 hours before going to sleep.
- Almond: Thanks to its vegetable oil content, it relaxes the muscles if consumed just before sleep.
- Apricot: It regulates the digestive system and prevents sleep problems related to it.
- Flax Seed: If consumed just before sleep, it relaxes the stomach and prevents discomfort during sleep.
- turkey: Foods that make you sleepy very quickly, turkey should be consumed at least 3 hours before sleep. In this way, sleep problems caused by stomach discomfort are prevented.
It has been observed that beverages containing calcium and amino acids are more successful in bringing sleep. Some sleep-inducing drinks can be listed as follows:
- Milk: It regulates sleep with the amino acids it contains, and thanks to its effect on intestinal bacteria, it prevents sleep problems due to irregularity in bowel movements.
- Chamomile Tea: Sleeping teas, the most mentioned chamomile, calms the nerves, facilitates the transition to sleep, relaxes the muscles. It is recommended not to brew for more than 2 minutes.