Treatment of high total bilirubin should be tested under doctor control. People suffering from high levels of bilirubin should apply to a general surgery specialist and get the necessary treatment. In addition to the treatment with the drugs given under the control of the doctor, the ones that can be recommended to reduce the bilirubin rates that are not caused by serious conditions are as follows;
- It is necessary to pay attention to the diet. It is necessary to cook food in low oil and avoid fried food, spices and salt.
- It will be effective to consume 10 gr turmeric and 50 gr yogurt mixture in half in the morning and evening for 15 days.
- Drinking barley juice is high level lowering bilirubin is very effective for. It should be consumed by adding honey to 1 teaspoon of roasted barley powder, which will be added to 1 glass of water. Barley water, which is recommended to be drunk twice a day, is a good home treatment method to reduce the level of non-serious bilirubin.
- Lemon is effective in removing waste materials from the body. Lemon juice, which will be drunk by squeezing half a lemon, should be consumed 3-4 days a week.
- Consumption of red radish ensures the excretion of harmful toxins, including bilirubin in the body.
Reasons for Performing a Bilirubin Test
Bilirubin test is part of tests to check the condition of the liver. In addition, the different situations in which bilirubin testing is performed are listed as follows:
- It is used to detect jaundice.
- It is done to determine whether there is any obstruction in the bile ducts.
- Red blood cells are made for damage detection.
- It is done for the detection of hepatitis disease.
- It is done to see the success of the treatments being applied.
What are the Symptoms of High Bilirubin?
Bilirubin total value range should be in the range of 0.3 – 1.9 mg/dL. The direct bilirubin value range should be between 0 – 0.3 mg/dL. Indirect bilirubin is calculated according to the direct and total value formula. Bilirubin elevation symptoms include;
- Urine is dark yellow or brown,
- Bad smell of urine,
- Abnormal itching,
- Nausea and vomiting,
- Common cold with high fever,
- Yellow color in the skin and under the eyes and yellowing of the skin,
- General feeling of tiredness and weakness,
- Abdominal pain and swelling in the abdomen,
- Stool pale and clay-colored,
- It is often in the form of fevers.