Using outdated artifacts can damage your skin. For example, an expired lipstick may cause an allergic reaction on your lips. That’s why the expiration date is very valuable in make-up tools, as it is in everything else. But remember, the date the make-up tool was produced is not valuable, but the date you opened the package and used it.
How to read the expiration date on make-up materials?
If you’re wondering what the expiration date of a makeup item is, here’s an easy analysis technique for you. All make-up materials have an open jar picture on the reverse side. This sign, which means how much should be used after opening; It also allows you to calculate how long you can use it.
So what should we do to use our make-up tools for a long time?
- If an artifact is starting to develop a scent in a significant way, it’s time to go. Make sure all your creations are covered after use and store the makeup in a cool, dry place.
- Storing makeup items in different environments (like lipstick in the fridge) can keep them fresh after their expiration date.
- One other thing to keep in mind: don’t “pump” the mascara stick in and out of the tube. All you do is make the artifact come into contact with air which causes it to deteriorate faster.
- Pencil eyeliners and lip pencils last longer when sharpened regularly.
- If you have trouble remembering exactly how long you’ve used an artifact, write the date you opened it under the box with a permanent marker for easy reference.
- It can be even more difficult to recognize that make-up tools that don’t have an exact expiration date, such as sponges and brushes, deteriorate. Make-up brushes and sponges need to be cleaned regularly in order to use them for a long time. For example; While make-up sponges should be cleaned daily, washing all of the brushes once a week will prolong their use.
When to throw away make-up materials
- Powder works:2 years
- Cream eyeshadow and blush:12-18 months
- Oil-free foundation:1 year
- Cream compact foundation:18 months
- Concealer:12-18 months
- Lipstick and lip liner:1 year
- Lipgloss:18- 24 months
- pencil eyeliner:2 years
- Liquid or gel eyeliner:3 months
- Mascara:3 months