ketogenic diet, keto diet
It is a diet program also known as . The purpose of the diet; It is the conversion of sugar in the body to fat and thus faster weight loss. Weight, it also has a positive effect on physical and mental performance. It is also a diet program that is good for diseases.
Which Foods Are Forbidden In The Ketogenic Diet?
Ketogenic foods that a dieter should avoid are:
- Wheat-containing products, cereals such as rice, bulgur, pasta
- Dried legumes such as beans, lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans
- Vegetables with high starch content such as potatoes, peas, carrots, corn
- Sugary foods and drinks such as dessert, cake, ice cream, fruit soda, fruit juice
- Low-fat diet products with high carbohydrate content
- Prepared sauces and condiments containing sugar and trans fat
What are the Harms of the Ketogenic Diet?
In the ketogenic diet program, the consumption of many healthy foods is prohibited. Therefore, a situation arises that makes it difficult for the person to receive their daily micronutrient needs. Although this is effective for some people to lose weight, it can cause various side effects for some people. It is also low carbs
In the diet programs made with the use of , the weight lost in the long term is regained. Therefore, the ketogenic diet; While it is a good diet in the short run, it is an unhealthy diet in the long run.