One of the conditions that cause skin dryness in dry skin some of them are:
- Structure of some soaps
- Spending much longer time in the shower than usual
- Long exposure to the sun
- Eating unhealthy by not paying attention to eating habits
- Not consuming enough water and fluids
- Spending more time than usual in chlorinated pools
- Old age
- Side effects of some drugs used
- Diabetes problem
Skin Dryness Symptoms
Dry skin is not a permanent problem. If precautions are taken, the skin can be returned to normal. Too much skin dry; redness occurs on the skin, the skin begins to look worn, exfoliation occurs on the skin, the skin becomes hard and itchy skin occurs.
Herbal Remedies Good for Dry Skin
Some herbal remedies that are good for skin dryness are:
- Coconut oil: Since it contains fatty acid and vitamin E, it can restore the skin to its former moist state. That’s why many humidifier is a substance that also contains it. Heated coconut oil should be applied to clean skin after showering. This application should be done by massaging. Wait 10 minutes for the coconut oil to be absorbed by the skin. Then a shower is taken. It is a method that can be repeated every day.
- Honey: In addition to providing the moisture balance of the skin, it also softens the skin. Before taking a shower, massage the area to be moistened with honey with circular movements. Wait about 10 minutes for the skin to absorb the honey. Then a shower is taken. This process can be repeated 2 times a day.
- Oats: It helps to get rid of dead skin cells. It also moisturizes the skin. 1 glass of ground oats and a few drops of lavender should be added to the water to be bathed. You should sit in this water for 15 minutes. Afterwards, a shower should be taken and a moisturizer should be applied after the shower. It can be done a maximum of 2 times a week.