daily to maintain oral and dental health. mouthwashStating that using it can be effective against pathogens as well as increasing oral hygiene, experts emphasize that the contents of mouthwash products offered to the consumer in the market should be researched and used appropriately.
Experts deal with pandemic maintain oral hygiene Emphasizes the value of gargling. The oral cavity is one of the body’s primary competition points with pathogens. In cases where oral hygiene is not provided, bacteria can reproduce in the mouth and reach the lower respiratory tract more easily.
In a clinical study, it was examined whether there is an interest in the midst of oral hygiene and “new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)” infections, and it was stated that increasing oral hygiene could reduce the severity of the disease. (one)
Using mouthwash on a daily basis improves oral hygiene. It is also stated by experts that it can be an effective hygiene application against pathogens. However, the content of mouthwash is of great value here. For this reason, experts emphasize that the contents of mouthwash products offered to the consumer in the market should be researched and used appropriately.
Which mouthwash should you prefer?
Gold standard in maintaining oral hygiene: Chlorhexidine (2)
Chlorhexidine is an effective ingredient that is used with confidence today, preventing plaque formation in the oral cavity and supporting oral hygiene.
Effects of chlorhexidine (3)
- It is a cationic, bis-biguanide biocide and is effective against many microorganisms.
- It has low toxicity and broad-spectrum antibacterial activity.
- Manias of plaque formation.
- The most valuable feature that distinguishes chlorhexidine from other antiseptics is that when applied in the oral cavity, it adheres to the tissues and has a long-term release profile.
- Thanks to this feature, it shows a more effective antiseptic effect compared to other antiseptic spies.
Product recommendation: Effects of Eludril Deva Mouthwash
- Eludril Deva, a work of Pierre Fabre Group, which we know especially with Avéne works, provides oral hygiene to protect healthy gums thanks to the 0.1% chlorhexidine it contains.
- Having a refreshing and relaxing taste, the rinse water also soothes the gums.
- It has anti-plaque properties with two antiseptic properties (chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium chloride) in its content.
- It is suitable for use by young people and adults as well as children.
Sources used in the article:
1) Sampson V et al. British Dental Journal. 228(12). 2020: 971-975
2) Shruti Balagopal et al. Pharm. sci. & Res. 5(12)., 2013: 270 – 274.
3) Turkiye Klinikleri J Dental Sci. 2010;16(1):51-8